Thursday, May 1, 2008

Aidan's first playdate


Sometimes I think I am a bad mom in terms of treating Aidan compares to how I did for Nadia at her age. Nadia used to go to lots of playdates since she was 6 months old. Even until now, it's easier to arrange Nadia's play dates than Aidan's, so he usually had to tag along with his sister's play dates. I have been so busy and I just never arranged special playdate for Aidan himself. 

Finally I arranged to have Aidan play with other toddler his age. Luckily, it's Jack, the new neighbor who just moved recently. Jack was born only 7 days later than Aidan.

We went to Hudson Mills Park, and they boys had great time together. Like a typical 1 year old playdates, they didn't seem to play together, but they sat together and Jack hugged Aidan. 

I can tell Aidan's mood was pleasantly happy until the bedtime. No meltdown whatsoever. Although he had a long day today (he still had to play with the neighbor sitter, Alicia, he was completely in joy). 

His first own play date. Yay.


No comments: