Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Strong

At 5.5 months old, Aidan is getting so big and strong. People don't believe that he is 5 months old. He can push himself up all the way so only his hips and legs stay on the ground. He can stand up for at least 10 minutes, he just needs more balance and he could sit and stand up all by himself.
He loves to see his reflections on the mirror, while keeps checking my face and my face on the mirror repeatedly.
He squeels so hard, he is a very friendly boy, he loves people so much, and of course, his eyes always follow wherever Nadia goes.
He loves to be kissed and cuddle. He is a mommy boy. He loves is especially when Nadia kisses him.
Everytime his daddy comes back from work, he already squeels so much and laughs at him, so he could pick him up, that, he has to compete with Nadia.
He has already a master in food. He started solid food at age of 3.5. His grandma gave him banana, and he finished half of the banana for starter. Now, he is eating mixed food, like carrot and rice, banana and cereal, mango (he loves it), oxtail soup with rice, chicken and rice, smoothies, orange squeezed, and all kind of yogurt.
It's not enough, everytime we eat dinner together, we have to take him, or he will keep making noise for us to pick him up, and he will try to get the drink or food from us. Last night, his daddy became so bad, he kinda pass the glass towards him and drink it without stopping at Aidan's mouth, he was like a crocodile, wanted to get the glass with her mouth... it was done repeatedly that I just didn't have heart to see it anymore.. finally his dad gave him his drink, the passion fruit juice, he drank it from the glass.
It also took him 5.5 months to take the bottle and pacifier. No Dr. Browns' bottle (which is my favourite), no playtex, no avent naturally (which I don't like it too much, it's leaking!), and no nipples from the enfamil. Bravo German engineer nipple and bottle... Thank you . thank you.. thank you. Now I have to get rid of the Dr. Browns' bottles (oh, how much I will miss those bottles)
He doesn't drink so much from it, but he started to accept it, which makes me happy. It will be great to put some juice and give it to him to buy some time when I am away. As a nursing mom, it's kinda hard to leave him for a longer period of time.
Until now, Aidan has not getting sick. Knock the wood.
Most of all... I love this guy so much..... eventhough he is harder to carry (he is 20 lbs now), he is my cute little bear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he grows so much and so fast..... before we even realized it.......
he'll be driving to Bay City and visitting me and already in high-school... he he heeee

Sari said...

Yes, I agree with you. And he is just going to be Uncle Bill's buddy! Did you see him today all standing up for a long time, just need help for balancing ?

Anonymous said...

i did.... WOUWWW he has such strong legs! excellento! keep up the breastfeeding yahhh :o) Good Job SuperMom!

Sari said...

Yesterday, when I was going up to sleep, I felt full, which is unusual, maybe because I kept sorting those children's photos... so I told Ammar that I would swap Aidan and give him milk no matter what!!! He was asleep, I nursed him, he kept closing his eyes, drinking the milk, right and left.. then he went to sleep again. No harm done... :) he slept 12 hours!!!!